For your funny bestie, your cat bff, but also for that person you kinda love to hate.

You've got friends. But then you've got best friends. Like the one who cracks you up with a single look. Or the one who holds your hair back after you've had one too many wine-a-ritas. Maybe it's the furry friend who leaves "hair glitter" all over your clothes. Yeah, we're looking at you, cat lady.

And don't forget — frenemies are friends, too. Like it or not.

In case you didn't get the memo, June 8 is National Best Friends Day. Since you're a great best friend, you wouldn't miss the opportunity to give a gift now, would you?

If you're at a loss for words, here's a few excellent best friend sayings and best friend quotes to include in your heartfelt card that you totally didn't pick up last minute.

Sayings & Quotes For Your Funny Best Friend

We've all got those friends who make us cry from laughing so hard — in a good way. So share with your funny bestie why you love her. And her closet. And her sense of humor, of course. We swear nothing is better than a funny bestie. Nothin'.

Sayings That'll Tickle Her Funny Bone:

  1. I love that we love the same stupid, funny stuff.
  2. Thelma and Louise have nothing on us.
  3. You're the reason I have no bladder control.
  4. Your face and sense of humor are my favorite things about you.
  5. You're the kindest, funniest, smartest person I know. Next to me, of course.
  6. I promise to always tell you the truth. Even when you'd rather I lie.
  7. Happy best friend day to my funniest friend. Please don't tell my other friends.
  8. I love you, hot mess and all.
  9. Thanks for making me laugh. And fart. At the same time.
  10. You're my best immature friend. Thanks for that.

Fun-ship Bestie Quotes:

11. "One sure way to lose another woman's friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements." – Marcelene Cox
12. "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." – Bernard Meltzer"
14. "We are going to be best friends forever. Besides, you know too much."
– Unknown
15. "Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends." – Virginia Woolf
16. "Friends make you smile — best friends make you giggle 'til you pee your pants." – Terri Guillemets
17. "If you wanna find out who's a true friend, screw up or go through a challenging time … then see who sticks around." – Karen Salmansohn
18. "True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style." – Nicole Richie

Gift Ideas For The Funny BFF

Got a birthday coming up? Or planning to surprise them for National Best Friends Day on June 8? We've got your back with these best friends stickers.

  • Get this No. 2 shirt for your #1, because two things never went better together. This tee says it all.
  • This throw pillow gets straight to the point. Girlfriends before boyfriends. Period.
  • Give your favorite brother from another mother this pullover hoodie. It'll keep him warmer than a cuddle from a 2,000 pound seal.
  • Three Elephants by Tangerine-Tane

Sayings and Quotes For The Imaginary Best Friend

They say friends come in all shapes and sizes. Yours just happen to be a little harder to see. Doesn't mean you love them any less…

Sayings For The One Who's Never There:

19. Thanks for letting me not be weird by myself.
20. Sometimes I think I'm talking to myself. Then you show up. Thanks!
21. Imaginary friends > real people. Thanks for being great.
22. I make my own friends. You're the best one.
23. You kept following me around, so I figured I should say something. You're a keeper.
24. People suck. But I like you.
25. Happy Best Friend Day. I didn't imagine that, did I?

Woman celebrating with mannequins at a party

Quotes Only Your Imaginary Friend Gets:

26. "You're my favorite person to be socially awkward with." – Unknown
27. "We'll always be friends because you match my level of crazy." -Unknown
28. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." – C.S. Lewis
29. "I don't need therapy. I have imaginary friends." – Unknown
30. "Good friends are like stars, you don't see them, but you know they're always there!" – Christy Evans
31. "I may not always be there with you, but I'm always there for you." – Unknown
32. "Never let your friends be lonely — disturb them all the time." -Unknown

Gift Ideas For The Make-Believe Friend

  • Let your imaginary friend proudly flaunt the status. This cheeky, comfy, casual t-shirt makes introductions a lot less awkward.
  • I am too emotionally attached to fictional characters by FandomizedRose
  • A reflective pair of sunglasses to halt looks from haters. Also, to keep that mysterious vibe going, ya know?

Sayings & Quotes For Your Cat Best Friend

If you and your cat do everything together, you may be best friends. While your cat may appear to have a cool demeanor, the amount of cat hair on your furniture and clothes is a fair indicator of your cat's undeniable feelings of love.

Sayings For The Warm Furries:

33. The more hair I find on my things, the more I love you.
34. You're even cooler than the dog. Don't tell him I said that.
35. Thanks for the scratches on the couch. It looks very modern.
36. Woof! Aren't you glad I'm not a dog?
37. Your hair is my favorite accessory to wear.
38. Your cattiness is kinda cute.
39, Here's to a hairball-free, no-hacking, best friend day!
40. Dear Kitty, Thank you for being the friend that humans aren't.

Quotes For Your Furball Bud:

41. "Time spent with cats is never wasted." – Sigmund Freud
42. "Cats rule the world." – Jim Davis
43. "My relationships with my cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance." – William S. Burroughs
44. "Children, old crones, peasants, and dogs ramble; cats and philosophers stick to their point." – H. P. Lovecraft
45. "A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not." – Ernest Hemingway
46. "I used to love dogs until I discovered cats." – Nafisa Joseph
47. "What greater gift than the love of a cat?" – Charles Dickens

Gift Ideas For The Bestie Who's Also a Cat

Get your kitty up and at 'em after a whiff of this sweet, aromatic catnip. You'll renew your BFF status for life.

Give your kitty morning milk in this whimsical coffee mug. Or enjoy a cup of hot coffee on behalf of your cat. It makes no difference to your fluffy friend, you know.

Your cat will want to get into your specially selected box and never leave. At least it will be the perfect size and not one you're actively trying to pack things in.

Toss this throw pillow on your couch and your kitty instantly has a new cuddle buddy. All the added cat hair from your companion rubbing against it will just give it a more realistic feel.

Sayings & Quotes For Your Best Frenemy

Friend + enemy = frenemy. Sometimes, you've gotta kill 'em with kindness. You never know when you might need to use their evil superpowers.

Quotes for your best frenemy:

48. "Life is too short for fake butter or fake people." – Karen Salmansohn
49. "Thank you, fake friends. You've only made me stronger and wiser." – Unknown
50. "I hope you step on a lego. Nothing personal." – Unknown
51. "My nearest and dearest enemy." – Shakespeare
52. "Stars can't shine without darkness." – Unknown
53. "Frenemies may come and go, but hatred is forever." -Unknown
54. "The first step on the way to victory is to recognize the enemy." – Corrie Ten Boom

two people on opposite teams playing flag football

Sayings for your frenemy:

55. I may not always trust you, but I sure do like you.
56. They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer. If that's the case, consider us married.
57. I'm glad it's understood I never have to say I dislike you.
58. There's nothing I love more than hating you.
59. I love how you hate me. Let's never change.
60. To the friend who looks me in the eye while stabbing me in the back. How do you do that, by the way?
61. There's a thin line between love and hate, and you're sitting on it.
62. I don't like you, but I tolerate you. You're welcome.

Gift ideas for your best frenemy

A t-shirt that speaks the truth. Cue the T-Swift music. Your frenemy will wear this with pride, no doubt. Or just settle for a chocolate bar laxative. They'll think you've made a sweet gesture by bringing them homemade chocolate. A little time in the bathroom never hurt anyone, right?

More ideas? How about this:

Nothing. That's right.

What? You wanted more frenemy gift options? Pfft. Do you think there's a gift box from them waiting on your front porch?

We didn't think so.

Whether you shout from the rooftops about your BFF love or wear a shirt with their face on it, the options to announce your undying love for your bestie are endless.

Pull out your best pen and select one of these lovely best friend quotes and sayings to write in a Redbubble greeting card.

You don't want to be the one who forgets National Best Friends Day, right?